ACT Fencing News
ANU FC has been fencing for most of 2014 already but more clubs are starting up in the next few weeks:
Monday 10 Feb: Engarde, Tuggeranong, 7pm
Wednsday 12 Feb, Duel, Queanbeyan, 6.30pm
Thursday 20 Feb. Swordplay, Woden, 7pm.
Wednesday 26 Feb. Lancaster, Barton 6.30pm
The ACT Fencing Canberra Day tournament will be held on Saturday and Sunday 8-9th March. The venue this year will be the Tuggeranong Archery Centre, Soward Way Tuggeranong .
To register, please use the link below:
Please note the early bird payment option !
Timetable: (Registration Close times shown)
|Saturday March 8:
8.45am Womens Open Foil
9.00am Mens Open Foil
11.00am Womens Novice Epee
11.15am Mens Novice Epee
1.00pm Womens Open Sabre
1.15pm Mens Open Sabre
|Sunday March 9:
8.45am Womens Open Epee
9.00am Mens Open Epee
12.45pm Womens Novice Foil
1.00pm Mens Novice Foil
1.30pm Novice Sabre
The ACTFA Committee is calling a Special General Meeting to discuss and vote on the following Proposal:
"To move ACTFA from the current July to June financial year cycle to a January to December cycle."
* Align the financial reporting with the existing annual membership year, ie January to December.
* Align ACTFA financial reporting with the ACT Government Operation Grant and Event Funding calendar year cycle.
* Align and assist ACTFA membership with AFF calendar year cycle.
To bring about this change the ACTFA Committee will:
* Produce an audited Financial Year Statement for July 2013 to December 2013, and
* Suggest changes to the ACTFA Constitution at a Special General Meeting.
The proposed changes to the ACTFA Constitution are:
From 16 Annual General Meeting
1. The Association shall hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) between October and November each year.
To 16 Annual General Meeting
1. The Association shall hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) between January and February inclusive each year.
From 20 Finance
1. The financial year shall commence on the first day of July of each year.
To 20 Finance
1. The financial year shall commence on the first day of January of each year.
The Special General Meeting will take place at the beginning of the Presentation Picnic at Glebe Park on February 15 at 3.30pm . All affiliated fencers are advised to attend.