ACT Fencing News
Garry was awarded Life Membership in 2019.
Garry has been integral to all aspects of fencing, from grass roots to AFF representation and across a number of clubs. He has taken on significant roles, including ACTFA President and Secretary and is currently an AFF Director. He is a level 0 coach and also referees at state and club events. He is involved with community outreach helping at the CAP Expo and the opening of the Archery Centre.
The AGM of ACTFA Inc was held on 9 February 2019. Attached are the minutes of the meeting and key documents tabled and endorsed at the meeting.
Thankyou to everyone who made this weekend such a success.
From those who did set up and pack up it's never a pleasant task but such an important one ( I wont name you all because I might miss someone but you know who you are).
To our Canteen people Michael and Susan, DT Carl, Head referee Cerri and visiting referee/mentor Mitchell, referee Tom who we pulled out of bed to come and help and all those who took time out to referee even though they are fencing.
Tray bearers Shiloh, Ashley, Shania and Tim.
Helen for the food on Sunday which helped keep everyone fueled.
Big thanks to Neil and Grant who kept things ticking along with the million decisions that needs to be made.
Thanks also goes to the tournament sponsor Jeff Gray.
For the 2019 ACT State Championships the following changes have been made to events:
- Open Womens Epee
- Open Mens Epee
- Open Mens Sabre
- Open Mens Foil
- JG U17 Womens Foil and JG U17 Mens Foil will be combined into a mixed competition with registration closing at 11:15am Saturday.
- Open Womens Sabre will be combined into the Open Mens Sabre for a mixed competition with registration closing at 2:00pm Saturday.
- Open Womens Foil has low numbers and may be combined with Open Mens Foil. Registration times are unchanged.
- JG U17 Mens Epee has low numbers but at this time will still be run. Registration time unchanged.
- JG U17 Mens Sabre has very low numbers but at this time will still be run. Registration time unchanged.
- JG U17 Womens Epee has been cancelled due to no registrations. Late registrations will be combined into the Mens event.
- JG U17 Womens Sabre has been cancelled due to no registrations. Late registrations will be combined into the Mens event.
The 2019 ACTFA State Open and U17 Epee, Foil and Sabre Championships will be held on Saturday and Sunday March 9 and 10 at the Tuggeranong Archery Centre. Please read the attached info flier for dates and times, dress requirements, venue location and how to register. Please also note the early bird payment option. ACTFA fencers are eligible for one free Championship entry per year.
The ACTFA AGM will be held on 9th February 2019 at the Tuggeranong Arts Centre
137 Reed Street Greenway at 1pm.
Attached is the meeting agenda and reports for the meeting.
The AGM will be followed by the presentation of awards for 2018.
Flyers for both events are attached..
The ACTFA 2018 Veteran Sabre Championships took place at Masters Fencing Club last Friday. congratulations to Cameron Smith on his Gold Medal, and to all the medallists. Well done to all the participants and thanks to Carl again for his DT work over the last 3 Fridays. It's been a smooth and enjoyable series.
The 2018 School Championship that was scheduled to be held Saturday Oct 19 has been cancelled.